Online learning paths are being designed by Bea McGarvey, co-author of Inevitable: Mass Customized Learning (MCL). These learning paths are being hosted on the MCL Institute available through EduPlanet21. www.eduplanet21.com/mcl
The first of an eight part series is available now. “Shifting the Mindset” focuses on the foundational understandings necessary to replace the Industrial Age model of schools with MCL’s Information Age Vision of learning communities. It can be found at: www.eduplanet21.com/mcl for $50/seat. Bulk discounts are available for schools and districts interested in providing content for their entire staff.
Future MCL Learning Paths will include: Skilled Leadership, Quality Instruction, Viable Learning Outcomes, Motivating Learning Opportunities, Varied Evidences of Learning, Customizing Structures, & Transformational Technologies.
Study and reflect on the progress you are making on realizing a transformational vision for your learning community. Bea McGarvey, co-author of Inevitable: Mass Customized Learning (MCL), guides this online institute. Shifting the Mindset, the first of eight Learning Paths and a pre-requisite for the remaining seven, focuses on the foundational understandings necessary to replace the Industrial Age model of schools with MCL’s Information Age vision of a learning community.
Within the 5 modules of the Shifting the Mindset learning path, you will increase your understanding of an plan the next steps for yourself and for you learning community regarding:
- The rationale for and components of the Mass Customized Learning Vision;
- The role and parts of creating a shared vision – Strategic Direction – for your learning community;
- The current research on motivation and the implications for your learning community;
- The paradigm shifts fueling the MCL Vision;
- The value of shifting from a culture of compliance and control to one of empowerment and investment.
Bea McGarvey, Educational Consultant
Co-author of Inevitable: Mass Customized Learning (MCL)